At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Machine Learning, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Our mission – and your opportunity — is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce. In short, to shape Engineering excellence, nurture emerging Engineering talent and build out an inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary team.
Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (frontend); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
You’ll manage and grow a team of software engineers focused on our iOS and Android applications while contributing to evolving engineering practices and impacting positively on team health and culture. You’ll manage the overall strategy, planning, and execution of complex technical projects, and lead your team to meet delivery expectations.
How you can have an impact
As an engineering leader, you’ll have influence over the direction of the team and function, and a strategic impact on the overall business strategy. You’ll impact significantly on evolving engineering practices and culture to build a world-class engineering team. Improving others’ ability to deliver great work, suggesting and bringing innovations, and driving initiatives focused on release safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Experimenting with ways to become more efficient and productive, and bringing these learnings to the senior leadership team. We encourage involvement in the community, open-source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer-term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Experience driving engineering excellence and best practices across iOS & Android mobile platforms
- Ability to set and drive the big picture strategy for the team
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Technical background in Mobile Development to better relate to Engineers
- Strong background in delivery
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Experience driving Engineering excellence and best practice
- Agile Delivery experience
- Customer-focused mindset
- Experience managing and growing a team of software engineers specialized in mobile applications development
- Successfully managed engineering teams in a product/SaaS business
- Building and running that integrates smoothly with our cloud services at scale
- Agile delivery experience
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of mobile platforms and approaches
- Experience forecasting requirements for the team and capacity planning
At SafetyCulture, we care about people and growing the team. Here’s a few ways we’re acting on our values:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- We encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office.
- You’ll have access to professional and personal training and development opportunities.
- We’re a pet-friendly workplace.
- Workshops and Lunch & Learns from our leadership and industry experts.
- We also encourage you to get involved in the community, open-source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies; whatever floats your boat!
But wait, there’s more... You’ll also receive other perks such as:
- Equity with high growth potential!
- Great food! Our In-house chefs will serve up fresh and healthful breakfast, lunch, and unlimited snacks catering to all dietary requirements.
- Love coffee or tea? Our commercial espresso machine has you covered. We also have beer and wine on tap, a pool table, board games, and a books library.
- Well-being is key! We offer initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services, and a generous parental leave policy.
- Last but not least, we celebrate quarterly and our teams love the annual ShipIt global offsite.
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.