Who are we?
InDebted is changing the way organisations recover debt by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions.
We are a fintech startup with the mission to positively impact the debt collection industry, ensuring that all parties are treated with fairness and respect. As innovators, we are obsessed with continuous improvement to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. Backed by Carthona Capital and Reinventure, InDebted is one of the top-funded and fastest growing tech companies in Australia - disrupting a multibillion-dollar global industry.
InDebted is looking for experienced engineers to help us rebuild our platform from the ground up. As a core member of the engineering team, you will work on key features composing the main pillars of the new codebase while taking full ownership from conception to release.
What will you accomplish?
- Research, analyse and translate business needs into solution architectures
- Implement secure, self-healing, highly scalable serverless microservices
- Ensure compliance best practices across the entire ecosystem
- Take full ownership of features with implementation, integration & end-to-end testing, deployment, infrastructure management, logging and monitoring
- Receive and provide constructive feedback verbally and through code reviews
What do we need from you?
- Experience developing resilient, cloud-native applications
- Solid knowledge of testing principles, computer science fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, networking protocols, and distributed systems
- Appreciation for managing infrastructure as code, though expertise is not required
- Experience with Terraform is a plus
What is our tech stack?
- Golang, Terraform, Serverless Framework, RDS Aurora, SQS, SNS, S3, ElasticSearch
How do we work?
- We communicate constantly and informally throughout the day, both verbally and via online channels to facilitate asynchronous collaboration
- We value time to the millisecond precision and we understand flexibility empowers self-motivated individuals
- We encourage our teammates to work in whichever schedule they are most productive
- As we grow and see fit, we embrace the minimum amount of meetings and processes
At InDebted, our core values drive everything we do. They are the basis from which we thrive for the benefit of our team members, our customers and our community.
- Transparency breeds trust
- Innovate fearlessly and learn continuously
- Empathise with the customer
- Diversity plus equality equals individuality
- Fuel the rocket and enjoy the journey
The fine (*cough* fun) print:
- Do you like free food? So do we! InDebted provides breakfast, snacks (fresh fruit etc.), weekly lunches, a fully stocked bar (including soft drinks) and kitchen with a NutriBullet juicer and a Nespresso coffee machine
- Teamwork is key! To ensure team cohesion, we host a variety of team building activities and events on a regular basis such as InDebted’s Food ShowDown, monthly birthday celebrations and an annual company offsite
- We’re a scaling company and we want our people to scale too! Employee growth is incredibly important to InDebted so we provide means for upskilling and career progression in a transparent, supportive environment
- Location, location, location! We are conveniently located 5min from the North Sydney train station in a spacious, pet-friendly building with an open plan office
We are looking for people with passion, grit, curiosity, and integrity who support different viewpoints, challenge the status quo and embrace diversity. If you are looking to be a valued contributor in a fast-paced startup environment, deliver your optimal work and represent your best self - then you are someone we want to talk to!