About the role
BCG Digital Ventures, in partnership with one of the largest businesses in Australia, is building a communication and collaboration tool for field force workers.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The ventures we build create strategic advantages and financial returns for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture is backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia with a field force of more than 5000 workers. With a strong first customer, this venture is well-positioned to change the way workers collaborate in the field.
The venture is currently in stealth mode as we get ready to launch in the market later this year.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking an exceptional CEO/Founder who will lead the direction of the venture and take this highly advantaged early-stage business through its first phase of growth and beyond.
As the CEO of the venture, you will
- Build and scale the Venture to achieve its maximum potential
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale; including long-term goals. Drive growth, profitability and company value
- Provide strategic direction across all functional areas, including product, customer, design, engineering, sales and marketing
Build Great Talent & Teams
- Cultivate a high-performance company culture and develop company values for long term success of the venture
- Attract, retain and develop top talent; grow and develop the team, including recruitment of key leadership positions
- Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising an appropriate balance of control
Execute with Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations, align resources to achieve key business priorities and proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
- Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruption
- Align people and budget resources against strategic business priorities
- Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
- Regularly report updates to the Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with the Board of Directors to accelerate progress
- Leverage our corporate partner’s assets strategically and maximize advantages and maintain relationships with corporate partner stakeholders
- Engage existing and future investors to build the profile of the business and raise additional rounds of funding to fuel the development of the product and growth of the business
- Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market by identifying new business opportunities and translating them into new revenue streams in an entrepreneurial manner
- Invest in strategic partnerships and relationships to drive growth
- 10+ years of experience in having built and scaled companies to exit or multiple funding rounds is highly preferred;
- Proven track record of building and successfully bringing digital products (SaaS experience preferred) into the market
- Experience in holding P&L responsibilities at CEO level or Head of significant BU within a start-up/scale-up or enterprise corporate
- Proven track record of entrepreneurship and innovation in a technology organisation
- Experience in successfully assembling, managing and growing high calibre multidisciplinary teams from the ground up
- Leading and scaling a high growth start-up, preferably company with funding and 50+ employees
- Experienced leader: able to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, define a clear vision and motivate the team, as well as recruit top talent
- 3~5 years of relevant industry experience in the following: Technology/Trades/Construction/Service Industry
- Experience in sectors with field force (e.g. energy, construction, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in managing Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders to keep regular updates on business performance and progress
- Ability to practice balance between risk-taking and diligent decision making
- Ability to keep up high levels of compliance and business ethics
- Growth Mindset with a focus on ROI