About the role
BCG Digital Ventures in partnership with one of the largest businesses in Australia is building a communication and collaboration tool for field force workers.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The ventures we build create strategic advantages and financial returns for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture is backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia with a field force of more than 5000 workers. With a strong first customer, this venture is well-positioned to change the way workers collaborate in the field.
The venture is currently in stealth mode as we get ready to launch in the market later this year.
We are looking for an exceptional design leader with a passion for entrepreneurship to be part of the founding team that will take this highly advantaged early-stage business through its first phase of growth and beyond.
As the design lead of the venture, you will
- Lead the design team’s process and decision making
- Shape the customer experience vision of the venture and lead planning, prioritizing and execution
- Lead and participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking
- Contribute to the design team through knowledge sharing, presentations, organizing events, recruiting, and coaching other Designers
- Translate customer and user insights into concepts, personas, customer/ user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes
- Work cross-functionally with Business, Product and Engineering to represent the design team and help facilitate design discussions - be the Design Champion!
- Create and execute on design systems, based on regional/contextual user behaviours, and working to shape the experience of the entire product and feature set
- Working closely with new business and growth marketing to ensure customer success, lead the strategic customer journey plans and identify new opportunities
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work closely with the product managed team to improve UX processes and design systems
- Communicate the product’s vision, based on testing and design principles, to team members, stakeholders and consumers
- Identify and implement CX metrics in order to continuously measure and improve the Onsite touch-points experience aligned to customer needs, our business goals and vision
- Ability to plan, facilitate and synthesize usability testing towards actionable design deliverables for build
- Understands how to communicate/implement design solutions that solve for user needs and can benefit business objectives
- 8+ years of experience designing stellar products, from web/desktop to mobile with a strong focus on understanding customers in an ever-shifting digital climate
- 4+ years of people management experience with demonstrable experience of developing exceptional talent
- Experience working in a startup or other innovative space, most preferably in a technology organisation
- Experience designing end to end UX using tried and tested processes but also with the ability to drive divergent thinking and new methodology in line with global design trends
- Exceptional experience of delivery from discovery all the way to delivery of polished UI designs.
- Outstanding understanding of Design Thinking
- Exceptional understanding of Customer Experience management and it's application to drive business growth
- Solid experience with wire-framing and prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Solid experience using Human-Centred Design techniques to understand user behaviour and expectations
- A pro with Sketch, Flinto, Invision, realtime board or similar UX/UI applications.