About the role
BCG Digital Ventures in partnership with one of the largest businesses in Australia is building a communication and collaboration tool for field force workers.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The ventures we build create strategic advantages and financial returns for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture is backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia with a field force of more than 5000 workers. With a strong first customer, this venture is well-positioned to change the way workers collaborate in the field.
The venture is currently in stealth mode as we get ready to launch in the market later this year.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build and guide the founding team.
What you will do
- Own the production platform operations through management of environments, deployments to automation, performance tuning, backup & recovery and information security
- Anticipate and recommend solutions to operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets
- Work closely with the development team to manage system lifecycle including change and configuration management
- Troubleshoot any emergency infrastructure incident to achieve optimal application performance and stability
- Drive the continuous improvement of the platform to optimise performance, security and cost of operation
What we are looking for
- Prior experience working as a DevOps engineer at another organization
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure security and monitoring
- Experience in production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment
- Experience in source control and continuous delivery tools
- Experience building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for high traffic web/mobile application and big data analytics platform
- Experience with containerization (i.e. Docker) for building and maintaining multiple environments including production
- Working experience with SQL and NOSQL databases such as Postgres and Redis
- Hands-on experience in shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python or Ruby)
- Expert knowledge in *NIX OS's, Networking, and Security
- Technical proficiency in infrastructure automation with a modern infrastructure as code framework such as Terraform, Ansible or Cloudformation. Experience with Hashicorp tools such as packer is highly regarded
- Team player who views software delivery as a collaborative effort
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Natural problem solver with the ability to break down and prioritise tasks, whilst asking clarifying questions and anticipating delivery issues