About the role
BCG Digital Ventures in partnership with one of the largest businesses in Australia is building a communication and collaboration tool for field force workers.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The ventures we build create strategic advantages and financial returns for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture is backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia with a field force of more than 5000 workers. With a strong first customer, this venture is well-positioned to change the way workers collaborate in the field.
The venture is currently in stealth mode as we get ready to launch in the market later this year.
We are looking for an exceptional product leader to own and manage the current and future development and specifically, to define and oversee new feature builds that will take this highly advantaged early stage business through its first phase of growth and beyond.
As a product lead you will
Build and drive the end-to-end product development
- Own and execute the product and deployment to market by working collaboratively with cross functional team members
- Manage, measure and report on the required quality, scope, budget and outcomes of product delivery, to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure overall product portfolio risks and dependencies are clearly managed and communicated
Develop product vision, experience and roadmap
- Own the product vision - build customer-centric experiences, delightful product features, and a clear roadmap to drive mass product adoption
- Lead the strategic planning and prioritisation of product capital spend against budget
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to track product usage and growth
Lead and inspire
- Set clear product vision, motivate and inspire team members to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Utilize Agile process, new working practices, collaboration and partnerships
- Represent Product internally and externally to commercial partners and parent company
Develop great talent and teams
- Grow and lead a talented product team, developing the careers and capabilities of all team members
- Establish a high performing culture emphasising innovation, growth, and development
- Identify, validate and manage collaboration with 3rd party services and resources where required
- 8+ years of digital product management and development in the software industry, ideally in a startup or new product environment
- Extensive experience with product management, Agile development, product launches, scaling, and change management, especially within digital SaaS businesses
- Proven success in managing cross-disciplinary teams (product, design, and engineering)
- Leadership experience in communicating product expectations at the executive level
- Ability to anticipate and approach problems head; analytical and structuring ability to break down complex issues into smaller actionable problems
- Ability to influence through persuasive verbal and written communication
- Track record of creating and scaling products from scratch