About the role
BCG Digital Ventures in partnership with one of the largest businesses in Australia is building a communication and collaboration tool for field force workers.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The ventures we build create strategic advantages and financial returns for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture is backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia with a field force of more than 5000 workers. With a strong first customer, this venture is well-positioned to change the way workers collaborate in the field.
The venture is currently in stealth mode as we get ready to launch in the market later this year.
We are looking for a talented Senior Front-End Engineer, who has a real passion for entrepreneurship, to join and help lead the founding team. The engineer will have a passion for UI, building software, a strong eagerness to learn and is currently or wants to start building production software with Flutter.
What you will do:
- Collaborate and empower the product team to build the best possible experience for IOS and Android platforms.
- Deliver high-quality custom maintainable Flutter UI components
- Explore, prototype and evolve interaction patterns with design
- Work with the engineering team and build scalable, maintainable and performant software
- Maintain delivery pipeline and support product with distribution
- Participate in a mutual, fast feedback loop of code reviews
- Research and develop potential new technologies and share with the wider team
- Effectively communicate your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
Who are we looking for:
- 3+ years commercial experience as a software engineer.
- Strong foundations in software development, experience in mobile development or single page application development.
- Experience with setting up and managing App builds for (IOS/Android), packaging/release pipelines
- Experience in Flutter/Dart or a willingness to learn
- Has published one or more mobile apps in Google Play or App Store
- Sound understanding of various testing techniques e.g. Unit, Integration E2E
- Strong understanding of Mobile UI patterns
- Good understanding of accessibility WCAG 2.1
- Proficiency with Agile, Git, Testing, and CI
- Entrepreneurial, curious and highly proactive behaviours are essential
- Great communication and interpersonal skills