We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world's most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
Financially backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the services-technology market for field force workers. We are getting ready to launch and scale a stealth technology startup to provide fieldworkers and related companies with a platform to revolutionize key internal collaboration and communication processes.
We are looking for a talented Senior Back-End Engineer who has a real passion for entrepreneurship, to join and help lead the founding team of the start-up we are building.
What you will do:
- Support the build and management of the backend infrastructure for the platform including integrations with 3rd party vendors
- Support the implementation of the platform's data strategy
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, designers and engineers.
- Contribute to a maintainable, high quality, and performant codebase
- Effectively communicate your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Mentor other engineering team members
- 3+ years of professional and in-depth experience with Go, possessing broad knowledge of the Go ecosystem, including web and RPC frameworks, logging frameworks, and database drivers
- Experience designing and developing RESTful service oriented and/or microservice architecture
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, CosmosDB, etc.)
- Experience with GoLang ecosystem (build tools, package manager, frameworks, debugging tools, etc.)
- DevOps experience with knowledge on how to setup, configure, and maintain a CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. agile software development, continuous deployment, behavior driven development, code review, design documentation, infrastructure as code, etc.)