About the Role
BCG Digital Ventures in partnership with one of the largest businesses in Australia is building a communication and collaboration tool for field force workers.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The ventures we build create strategic advantages and financial returns for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture is backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia with a field force of more than 5000 workers. With a strong first customer, this venture is well-positioned to change the way workers collaborate in the field.
The venture is currently in stealth mode as we get ready to launch in the market later this year. We are looking for a UI Designer with a passion for entrepreneurship to join the founding team of the start-up we are building.
We’re looking for candidates that think beyond just interfaces and apps and want to work across multiple touch points. We’ll be looking at the full user end-to-end experience, looking to revolutionise not just a customer’s online experience but the whole company’s structures.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, energetic, and hands-on Visual Designer who has previously worked with blue chip clients preferably on large-scale projects with high levels of complexity.
This dynamic individual will have a fresh and open approach to creativity who is willing to work with and learn from a wider team.
As a UI designer you will
- Deliver product concepts, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Balance customer frictions and needs with our client’s business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
- Drive and participate in concept and ideation sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking.
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including management consultants, product managers, engineers, marketers, and corporate executives.
- Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to partners and clients, both verbally and visually.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented.
- Be fluent in the latest design and technology trends and influences how they could be applied to venture solutions
- Provides strong rationale for approach and outcomes in relation to multiple design and strategy modules in a thoughtful, articulate manner
- Build a strong design foundation for the product and create a knowledge base for design and branding
- 2+ years experience as UI designer
- High proficiency in prototyping tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD and fluency in using Adobe suite of tools (or any similar design platforms)
- An exceptional portfolio clearly demonstrating multiple projects with emphasis on design process and outcomes
- Extremely high creative, technical and analytical skills
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns
- Very high standard of attention to detail throughout all their work
- In depth understanding of effective typography and colour for target markets
- Open to creative feedback and happy to present work to others
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, and team-oriented environment
- Good knowledge of HCD/UX principles
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to estimate levels of effort for tasks for design initiatives
- Ability to cover multiple projects and work streams in a fast-paced environment
- University degree in related field (BA, BSc, MA)
- Have worked in an Agile environment