Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is seeking a Strategy and Business Operations Manager to partner with our Agile & DevOps leaders to drive sustainable long-term growth for the portfolio. If you are looking to make a huge impact, partner with outstanding talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey! Are you a self starter, driven, adaptable, highly organised, analytical, and have a good eye for detail? Then we'd love you on our team. You are a great fit if you understand the market, strategy and business model.
The Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Using your business insight, analytical skills and creativity, you will partner directly with our Agile & DevOps leaders and take a leading role in driving product strategy, growth, and business operations.
You will be instrumental in framing long term strategy and growth goals, helping the team craft key initiatives to drive sustainable long term sources of revenue growth. You’ll own projects from inception through execution, supporting the leadership team to make good decisions and build a phenomenal business and also quarterback aspects of our business operations cadence to increase visibility and accountability around business metrics that drive growth.
In This Role, You'll Get To:
- Support our Agile and DevOps leaders to make good decisions by bringing a structured approach to solving complex problems
- Refine the long-term product strategy and define appropriate goals and OKRs to track progress
- Drive the business cadence, owning updates to drive visibility of business performance
- Identify and size opportunities with high-level financial models, and develop meaningful recommendations to inform product roadmap and go-to-market decisions
- Conduct customer research to support opportunity analysis
- Implement change by working closely with cross-functional partners across analytics, finance, product, marketing, and sales
On Your First Day We'll Expect You To:
- Have demonstrated ability in strategy, consulting, product management, growth, investment banking or business operations
- Break down complex problems and take a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and bring a structured approach to decision-making
- Enjoy working with numbers and both understand the details and see / communicate the bigger picture
- Be a self-starter and drive work from idea to analysis, recommendation and, at times, to implementation
- Contribute to executive level decision making, including articulately presenting and debating recommendations
- Understand SaaS business models and enterprise sales
- Have strong proficiency in financial modelling and business writing
It's Also Great If You Have:
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with data analysis / SQL
- Experience in crafting and executing market and customer research via quantitative methods and experiments
More About Our Team
Our team is part of the Finance & Strategy function. We are a dedicated and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. We support Atlassian's leaders to build a strong business, partnering with them to drive product strategy and support the company’s continued growth via monetisation, pricing/packaging, and other go-to-market initiatives. We also lead the ongoing business operations that support this growth. Decision-making is encouraged at every level and open-mindedness approach and organisational transparency are highly valued. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected] and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.