Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is on the lookout for a passionate Tax Manager who will be part of the Global Tax Team. As a manager, you will lead in addressing the Australian and International tax issues facing a rapidly expanding technology business.
Are you highly organized, business-focused and passionate about numbers? Do you find excitement at the prospect of collaborating with a world-class Tax team whose work makes a profound and meaningful business impact on the bottom line? Then this role is for you.
In this role:
- You will be responsible for the management of the Australian tax consolidated group’s tax obligations as a Significant Global Entity, including all lodgments and filings of the income tax return and associated schedules.
- You will be responsible for the quarterly (IFRS) tax effect accounting process for the Australian group including liaising with the wider Finance team, our auditors and complying with documentation requirements under a SOX environment.
- You will work closely with the business and external advisors to prepare the annual Australian R&D claim including collation and documentation of R&D data
- You will be involved in the transfer pricing documentation including Country by Country reporting.
- You will be the point of contact for employee benefit initiatives and FBT implications
- You will monitor various worldwide government initiatives and advise on the impact to the Atlassian group.
- You will collaborate with a global team and will be responsible for identifying and articulating Australian taxation issues on internal projects
- You will assist in M&A due diligence and integration of Australian targets
- You will assist with tax authority reviews in conjunction with external advisors where required
- You will own maintenance of ATO portals and related administration
- You will look for opportunities to automate and scale the existing processes
On your first day, we'll expect that:
- You will have 8-10 year’s experience working in the tax industry with either a chartered firm or in-house tax team and a focus on Australian tax issues for multinationals
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent qualification
- You have a strong tax and legal research skills, including the interpretation of tax office rulings and provisions in income tax legislation
- You are a problem solver, methodical, detail-focused and analytical, and can manage cross-functional projects with different team members
- You have superb technical skills and proven MS Excel experience
It's also great if:
- You have experience managing a remote and / or onsite team
- Have experience in US GAAP
- Have experience using tax compliance software such as Thomson Reuters Onesource
More about our team
The Tax team sets and oversees the worldwide tax strategy and makes sure Atlassian is tax compliant around the globe. You will be joining a dynamic and collaborative, globally distributed team with a stellar mix of industry, operational, and Big Four experience. We are always growing, learning, and adapting. Our team is crazy smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but team-oriented.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected] and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.