Tigerspike Sydney is looking for a Technical Lead (iOS). You'll work with a group of problem solvers who work collaboratively across Tigerspike projects and client accounts. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way, then Tigerspike could be the place for you!
Tigerspike in Sydney is located in Surry Hills. It is our biggest office and as all our offices around the world, it showcases some amazing talent. Not only do we like to challenge ourselves but we love to have fun and celebrate our achievements. The team in Sydney loves exercising their mind and body to ensure they stay healthy physically and mentally. We do this by boot camping, lunching together, planking, meditating, playing DND, participating in our legendary Friday Quiz. We help each other with challenges by collaborating and always being there for each other. We love the environment and do what we can to make our office a better place to work in. Last but not least we love sharing our office with our fur babies and look forward to our daily doggo visits!
- Drive the development forward and be able to translate requirements into pragmatic solutions
- Be someone who is proactive and shows perseverance because you're motivated to get the best results
- Be someone who is a great listener and you communicate clearly
- Take our client's visions from concept to release in as little as a few months and often work together to evolve products for years
- Gain experience with industries that range from, Banking, Government, NGOs, Telecommunications, Aviation, FMCG, Retail and have the opportunity to nurture products and see them through to completion and into maintenance
- Focus on our projects that are native mobile apps and web apps, but that doesn’t stop us from experimenting with wearables, VR/AR and IoT devices
- Work on different projects over time
- Have hands-on development responsibilities, manage a team of mobile software engineers and be involved in pre-sales activities with our commercial team
- At least 7 years experience as a Senior Apps Developer in iOS (and have exposure to Android and/or React Native), designing and implementing software solutions using Swift, Objective C, Java, Kotlin and React Native
- Previous leadership experience, managing/mentoring and motivating others to be the best they can be
- A solid history of always improving your knowledge and skills and improving processes for your organisation
- The ability to staying up to date with the latest trends and technology
- Experience and are proficient with git when collaborating on code bases
- Experience and are well versed across the Apple’s App Submission process and the Google App Submission process (including certificates and provisioning)
- The passion to work in a client-facing role along with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to write code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns
- Skills in securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each
- Commercial experience in Continuous Integration and writing testable code, simplifying Unit Tests
- Knowledge of AGILE - Scrum or Kanban
- Bonus - Experience on another platform (e.g. .NET or AWS)
- Bonus - Functional programming and protocol-oriented programming experience
- Our Benefits: Flexible work hours and work from home policy
- 20 days’ holiday (in addition to all public holidays) increasing to 25 days’ holiday each year after your 2nd work anniversary and 30 days after 5 years!
- 2 Duvet Days per year - that’s for when the day would be better spent at the beach or in bed
- A generous annual allowance for training and development
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning a new language, cooking classes, yoga, pottery or even attending a beer tasting course
- Yearly performance bonus
- Free Bootcamp classes weekly/lunch sport activities
- Parental benefits that exceed statutory requirements
- The chance to work on different projects in our other offices (London, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, New York, Wroclaw)
- Free lunch and drinks on Fridays
About Concentrix Tigerspike
We’re a global digital services company, offering end-to-end expertise in strategic consulting, service and experience design, multi-platform engineering, and systems integration.
We’re excited to announce that we’re now operating under the new name of Concentrix Tigerspike.
We’ve been a part of Concentrix since 2017, helping our clients around the world create great customer and employee experiences. We’ve made this change to our name to more clearly show the evolution of our services and how they complement and strengthen the overall strategic offering of Concentrix.
Our ownership and structure hasn’t changed: we’re still the same, great team spanning 10 global offices - and our design-led approach and deep engineering capability continue to remain core to how we work.
Our people are our culture and a huge part of what makes us unique. We recruit the best people and create small project teams, resulting in great chemistry between our teams and our customers that can solve even the toughest business problems.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.*
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it as much attention as it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. If we think you could be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies
Concentrix Tigerspike does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Concentrix Tigerspike employees, or any other organisation location. Concentrix Tigerspike is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.