- Do you have a passion for coaching and developing people?
- Looking to take the next step in your workers compensation career?
- Full time permanent role
EML is a leading Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Claims Management business. Our goal is to help people get their lives back through ongoing support during their return to work journey. We continue to experience ongoing growth and now have over 2,600 dedicated employees. We foster a learning culture that allows for us to continually invest in our employees ensuring a long-term career here at EML.
As part of our diverse team based in Melbourne, you’ll help make a positive impact on someone’s life every day. You’ll feel great satisfaction knowing your talent and hard work has a purpose.
This Technical Specialist role in the Medical Team requires a motivated self-starter to provide technical support and advice to EML claims teams. You will use your previous experience across many facets of workers compensation to coach team members and provide creative and strategic advice in accordance with Victorian workers compensation law and WorkSafe Victoria guidelines.
- Providing technical support to teams about the claims management process in line with Victorian workers compensation law and WorkSafe Victoria guidelines
- Assisting the claims teams in their achievement of performance measures
- Reviewing and providing feedback about current claims management practices and procedures ensuring emerging trends are identified and managed
- Developing strategic initiatives and procedures to ensure all service, performance and compliance measures are achieved
- Building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with organisational compliance with legal, governance and WorkSafe Victoria agent requirements.
- Strong technical experience within the Victorian workers compensation scheme, legislation and policies
- Experience in managing relationships and competing stakeholder priorities
- Superior time management and negotiating skills
- Exceptional problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Desire to coaching and supporting others
WHAT WE OFFER
We stand together as equals. EML is an equal opportunity employer so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone feels valued and where we show respect, integrity and honesty.
EML provides career opportunities and great employee benefits, including:
- A vibrant, collaborative innovative team culture
- Great work/life balance and flexibility with opportunity to WFH up to 3 days a week.
- A corporate wellbeing program with discounted health insurance and gym membership
- Access to discounts at over 350 retailers through our RewardsHub program
- Entitlement to an annual tenure and performance-based recognition reward
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- Companywide events to celebrate success
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition Awards
- 17.5% annual leave loading
At EML we are continuing to hire nationally during COVID-19. As a business, we are migrating back to a work from office environment with new joiners commencing within the office environment for their onboarding period of 4 weeks.
We value our people and are committed to supporting our employees by investing in their professional development and providing generous employee benefits. If this position is of interest to you, please apply now. As part of our recruitment process, we may ask you to complete an online assessment as well as a series of video-based questions. If you require an alternative format to submit your application or for more information on the position, please contact Katherine Romano 03 7000 0935 or [email protected]