EML is a leading Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Claims Management business. Our goal is to help people get their lives back through ongoing support during their return-to-work journey. We continue to experience ongoing growth and now have over 2,600 dedicated employees. We foster a learning culture that allows for us to continually invest in our employees ensuring a long-term career here at EML.
The technical specialist will be supporting the Claims Specialists by providing up-to-date technical guidance on all claims and assisting in their administration.
This will be a 12-month maximum term contract position based in the Sydney, George Street office.
- Work directly with claims specialists as part of a team in the delivery of the icare customer experience
- Working in conjunction with the Primary Claims Specialist and Injury Management Specialist, to effectively manage claims from end to end.
- Encourage proactive and open communication with key stakeholders during the decision-making process and provide advice where appropriate
- Promote and/or provide technical support to claims team within agreed timeframes and Undertake ongoing entitlement reviews in accordance with the Act and guidelines
- Ensure that team claims management activity is in accordance with all applicable legislative and compliance requirements and all EMLs policies and procedures
- You will have strong experience in technical claims management including complex liability determination, entitlement decisions, work capacity decisions and fatality claims management (note: fatality experience is advantageous not essential)
- Able to manage complex customers and situations taking ownership with advanced conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- You will have advanced communication skills and be confident effectively communicating advice and feedback.
- You will have an Excellent understanding of the Workers Compensation Act 1987 (NSW), and all other associated regulations and guidelines
WHAT WE OFFER
We stand together as equals. EML is an equal opportunity employer so by coming to work for us, you will be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We are committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone feels valued and where we show respect, integrity and honesty.
EML provides career opportunities and great employee benefits, including:
- A vibrant, collaborative innovative team culture
- Flexibility with opportunity to WFH when you are fully trained in your role.
- A corporate wellbeing program with discounted health insurance and gym membership
- Access to discounts at over 350 retailers through our RewardsHub program
- Entitlement to an annual tenure and performance-based recognition reward
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- Companywide events to celebrate success.
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition Awards
- 17.5% annual leave loading
At EML we are continuing to hire nationally during COVID-19. As a business, we are currently onboarding all new staff virtually to accommodate current restrictions. Once these restrictions are lifted, we will migrate back to a work from office environment with new starters commencing within the office environment for their onboarding period of at least 4 weeks.
We value our people and are committed to supporting our employees by investing in their professional development and providing generous employee benefits. If this position is of interest to you, please apply now. For alternative formats to submit your application or for more information on the position, please contact Charlotte on 02 80986365 or at [email protected]